Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Baxter State Park- the forgotten!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My previous post titled "Baxter State Park" had no proof that we had even been to the park itself! This is what happens when you get behind in blogging, and a bit unorganized with my photos.

We did indeed go through Baxter, even with the dogs. Yes, I know, no dogs allowed even inside the park, but they never left the truck....the whole 48 miles on the heavily tree lined stone road. We hid them in the camper to enter in, and I have to admit I felt horrible, for the dogs and for lying. With that said, we just really wanted to see the park. Unfortunately I do believe the park is set up to be geared more towards hikers than just a drive through look. Below are a few pictures of the few stops we made.












View of Mt. Katahdin.












We longed to just put our feet on the AT, but couldn't leave the dogs in the truck for that amount of time.



























The "Baxter State Park Dance"- to keep the black flies off of us.



While the dogs patiently waited inside the truck.



No comments:

Post a Comment